Quantcast

Welcome to RC Drone Forum! Use the main menu and search bar to navigate our site. It's always FREE to join our Drone Community and post in our forums, create your own Drone club, share your photos and videos and more. It's easy to get started and you can login with some of these popular social networks.

Register with FCC

It seems from the info I have found online and at a local RC Hobby shop that I register once and pay the fee - $5 - per year which you pay $15 for a 3 year period.

I was also confused and thought that each drone/quadcopter/helicopter/airplane between .55 and 55 lbs. would have to each have their own separate registered number.

After checking in the places I stated, I found out I register once, get one number, and use that one number for each "overweight" lol aircraft that fits in the range previously stated.

If anyone has anything different, please post.

Thanks.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2017 at 9:05 PM, BobsEdge said:

It seems from the info I have found online and at a local RC Hobby shop that I register once and pay the fee - $5 - per year which you pay $15 for a 3 year period.

I was also confused and thought that each drone/quadcopter/helicopter/airplane between .55 and 55 lbs. would have to each have their own separate registered number.

After checking in the places I stated, I found out I register once, get one number, and use that one number for each "overweight" lol aircraft that fits in the range previously stated.

If anyone has anything different, please post.

Thanks.

Great info Bob, thank you for posting. I wasn't aware of this.

This is what Best Buy states with the drones it sells:

The FAA requires operators of unmanned aircraft weighing more than 0.55 pounds (250 grams) on takeoff (including everything on board or attached), and operating outdoors, be registered at www.faa.gov/uas/registration. If you are under age 13, you must have a parent or someone age 13 or older register for you.

Additional state or local requirements may apply. Check your local jurisdiction. The following websites may help you make informed decisions about how regulations impact you: www.knowbeforeyoufly.org and www.modelaircraft.org. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...