Quantcast

Welcome to RC Drone Forum! Use the main menu and search bar to navigate our site. It's always FREE to join our Drone Community and post in our forums, create your own Drone club, share your photos and videos and more. It's easy to get started and you can login with some of these popular social networks.

Problems with Spektrum-Omnibusf4 set-up

Hi! Just starting out with drones - at a loose end during the Covid lockdown. Looking for some diagnostic help. I have either fried something or just being very stupid.

I have a set-up including an Omnibus f4 pro, Spektrum SPM4649T and a Spektrum DX6i, currently using Cleanflight.

I have flashed the Omnibus as instructed and get a relatively slow flashing blue led. The set-up binds correctly.

I have tried connecting the SPM4649T to either the SBUS/PPM-5V-GND pins, or to the J8 connector (DSM2-GND-3.3V), and have tried as many combinations in the ports tab, with the Receiver in the config tab set as Serial based (SPEKSAT...etc) and serial receiver set to SPEKTRUM1024 (although I have tried SPEKTRUM2048 as well).

In Clean flight I can get some activity out of the motors on the motors tab - so that part may be working.

What I need guidance on just now is that in the Receiver tab. I have a set of coloured bars for A, E, R, T, AUX1, AUX2, AUX3 - all centred at 1500 except T which is at 885. That looks good, but I cannot get any activity by moving the sticks on the DX6i.

What am I missing? Is there magic connection between DX6i and Omnibus that I have missed? Or have I cooked something?

• Like 1