Quantcast

Welcome to RC Drone Forum! Use the main menu and search bar to navigate our site. It's always FREE to join our Drone Community and post in our forums, create your own Drone club, share your photos and videos and more. It's easy to get started and you can login with some of these popular social networks.

TEST: Eachine Trashcan 75

Drone News

null

INTRODUCTION

The Eachine Trashcan 75 was one of the most awaited machine after the great success of the first and compact 75mm 2S tinywhoop machines, i.e. the BetaFPV 75X and the happymodel modula 7. The Eachine answer on the paper is just incredible: all last electronic novelties are here: 0803 motors for 2S power, F4 flight controller with a builtin OSD, a programmable VTX via smart audio, a builtin SPI receiver (FrSky, FlySkay and now Speltrum DSM2/X), a new 1/3″ 1200TVL Caddx FPV camera and a frame revisted to be more durable than the Modula 7 for example. So everything in theory is to have a future hot cake seller. Let’s check if in practice, it’s the case.

BOX CONTENT

null

+ 1 x Eachine Trashcan 75
+ 1 x USB charging cable
+ 4 x Spare props (2 CW, 2 CCW)
+ 4 x 300mAh 1S LiHV batteries with JST PH 2.0 connector
+ 1 x Screwdriver
+ 1 x Bag od spare screws
+ 2 x 3M tape bands
+ 1 x 1S plug
+ 1 x Spare XT30 lead connector
+ 1 x Allen key
+ 1 x Prop remover tool
+ 1 x Instruction manual (English)
+ 1 x Transportation bag

As last ReallAcc, Jumper, happymodel and Eachines deluxe products, the instruction manual is extremely well done…. It’s so rare so it has to be noticed. Printed in color, you can find all the different steps to bind, programm your VTX and OSD.

A very important accessory (to not be lost): this plug is used to power your Trashcan either in 1S (with the plug installed) or in 2S (plug removed).

null

OVERVIEW

The machine comes in 75mm format …. so look like a giant versus the little 1S US/UR 65 brother. But don’t be afraid, the more important will be the total weight in practice.

null

null

-FRONT VIEW
As last 1S brushless FPV Tinywhoop machines, the Trahscan 75 comes with a nice red canopy. The plastic quality is really good. Flexible enough to absorve energy of shocks. On the front part, the cage welcoming the Caddx Eos2 camera can be oriented from 0 degrees up to +35 degrees in practice for more agressive and sporty flights.

null

I will anticipate a bit, but in order to fix mostly the presence of vibrations/jello, insert a piece of foam (the one coming with the transportation of the Trashcan) in sandwich between the FC and the red canopu structure. Il will remove most of vibrations.

null

-SIDE VIEW
null

null

-REAR VIEW
null

A 5 LED bar is here pre-programmed with a larson scanner effect. No turning indication done… You can easily add it in betaflight in the LED light section.

null

null

-UPPER VIEW
The transparent red canopy let make visible all lights coming from the FC, especially for the two rows of lights for the Vfreq and Vband selection respectively.

null

One negative point: the hole where the linear antenna pass through is too large and there is a free loose/gap. In practice, it means than the antenna can rotate and in the worst scenario , the uFL plug can be pop out.

null

-BOTTOM VIEW
null

Installed in a 2layers configuration, a free loose can noticed for the battery installation in the tray. Two 3M tape are given to fix this gap. Probably the best solution is to use a rubber band. Good point, each motors are connecter via a microJST plug: perfect for motor’maintenance.

null

The green wire corresponds to the Smart Audio connexion. Notice there is a physical microswitch to bind the machine to your transmitter….. but hard to access. It’s located nearby the microUSB plug…. below one of the two plastic bars of the battery tray. As we will see, I advise more to bind the machine via the new CLI command… it’s billion of times more simpler

null

null

-WEIGHT
33.9g standalone …. no it’s not lightest 2S TW racer… You can save a fraction of gram by removing the red led strip bar for example.

null

For 1S setup

null

and for 2S/oudoors

null

So we are just under 50g …. still of for indoors but for more larger living places IMHO. 1S is advised in this scenario. 2S will be too throttle touchy.

Motors and props

The new 0803/15000Kv motors…. just a fraction of gram more heavier than the classic 0603…. but much much more powerfull.

null

null

null

40mm quadriblades props…. with 1.25mm shaft diameter. If you want to improvel also the flight duration…. The two/triblades setups must be adopted.

null

null

LiHV battery

300mAh 1S LiHV batteries…. announced to be 40C/80C (so probably more 40C)… Be aware with LiHV batteries, they tend to loose more capacity versus charge/discharge cycles.

null

null

null

In comparaison with the 1S 250mAh coming with the US65mah…. longer but really more heavier. So for our UR65/US65, this model of 300mAh can be interesting too.

null

null

A USB charger is provided. The microswith selects the LiHV (default) and LiPo mode. When turned on the direction of the USB plug, the charger is in LiHV mode (up to 4.35V/cell). When charging, you see a solid red light. It’s turned off when the charge is done.

null

null

Camera module

The Trashcan 75 integrates a new Caddx EOS2 CMOS camera with 1200TVL !!!! It’s based on a 1/3″ sensor… Don’t be abused with these number…. In practice, higher TVL means also higher latency and mor noise in the signal especially for low light condition. The new Caddx promises a builtin WDR feature…. so we will see in practice.

null

The VTX got 5 bands (raceband supported) but not an exact 40CH. Some Vfreq are restricted to be FCC compliant. Probably there is a way to uncock this limitation.

null

The VTX got a physical swith… but as for the receiver, I advise more to tune the VTX via the OSD or CLI commands.
If you upgrade the current betaflight version, be sure to turn on the TBS protocol for the UART1. The UART3 is free to be used… why not to trigger a Runcam Split Mini 2/Caddx turtle 2.

UNBOXING, ANALYSIS, CONFIGURATION AND DEMO FLIGHT

The machine comes with a beta version of the future branch 4.0 of Betaflight. It’s not a problem at all, this RC is very stable in practice. When you connect the machine to betaflight…. you can notice that Eachine spent some time to tune/optimize parameters…. That’s so great. For example the TBS smart audio is working with the UART1. The PIDs have been optimized, the rates, the flip over crash is active for AUX3 by default, the OSD layout and even the led strip bar…. what is missing ? ho…. just a minor detail… to turn the buzzer for poor man…. by turnin on the two correspoding options in the configuration panel…. Not a big deal… So bravo Eachine for this.

null

The Trashcan 75 offers a great new feature!!!! You can bind the builtin SPI receiver via a CLI command!!!! That’s just great… No need to have a second, third hands and do tricky moves to keep pressed the microswitch bind button while powering the buttom…. It’s so easy now…. with one cup of coffea in one hand, run the binding sequence of your transmitter then go in CLI and type the “bind” command….. and voilà :)…. Disconnect everything (USB plug for the Trahscan and power off the transmitter) and reconnect… you are bound… How I can live now without this feature ? 🙂 Of course it will work only I guess with SPI receiver.

null

To complete, I just did minor changes for the OSD layouts and also change the AUX mappings to turn on the buzzer for poor man….

Important point, if you want to turn the 200mW setting via OSD, you will have to select the 800mW one. All other ones via OSD select the 25mW output.

Now … it’s time to talk about the performances of this machine…… When you plug the first battery … no light. It’s only when the second is plugged than the ESC will start to music. I check wires …. to not be in contact …Then first throttle up… and the machine felt like a stone…. 🙁 … nothing really blocked… I rearmed… and no more problem…. Really stange… I noticed that behaviour only for cold start session…. So don’t be surprized… Ok now the machine is in the air !!!! and in angle mode no drifts at all in angle mode Yeahh!!!. It’s rock steady stable. Impressive… Let’s attempt a punch out …And whaoohhh that’s a power, really not bad at all…. and during fast descents the prop wash is here but still managable. In LOS, this machine is super precize…. what’s happyness…..

Now it’s time for FPV time …. The FPV camera signal is good …. but not among the best in term of WDR at least…. Dont’ worry, the job is already well done. The range and FPV distances are also pretty good IMHO…. I already love this machine….
Ok a bad point…. there are some jello in the FPV signal…. Install the piece of foam and it will improve the situation.

This machine is super powerfull….. power dive, powerloop …. fingers in the noze….no instability at the end of such figures… That’s great…. A real pleasure to fly this little monster outdoors. For indoors, 1S is highly recommanded coz the throttle is too touchy in 2S. Another complain…. the flight time don’t exceed 3min and even 2min30 with agressive accro flight style. It’s not enough. You can use the provided XT30 connector if you are sure to fly this machine in 2S setup only … or solder more a red JST connector instead. Compact 2S batteries are more easy to find with this connector.
I crashed this machine many many times….. and the frame is still ok…. Ok if happened at full speed against concrete…. don’t expect miracles. At least to change a frame, it will take 5-10min maximum. Spare parts are already available.

CONCLUSIONS

Definitively a high entry Eachine model, a keeper model…. It’s almost a perfect machine for winter proximity FPV flights. It’s powerfull, durable, with ton of features…. Both the FPV and control range are good…. Only the out of the box flight duration is too limited and another battery setup will be required as upgrade.

PROS

+ Powerfull 2S machine
+ Tons of fun
+ Very well designed
+ Almost perfectly well configured out of the box
+ F4 powerfull FC
+ Smart Audio
+ Builtin SPI receiver
+ No drift in angle mode
+ Good FPV camera
+ 25mW/200mW VTX
+ Good FPV and RC ranges
+ CLI bind command
+ < 50g in 2S setup
+ Frame among the most durable
+ Can be used for both indoors and oudoors applications
+ Transportation bag

CONS

– 2.45 min of flying duration in 2S
– Presence of Jello (can be fixed)
– Antenna need to be 100% secure with a drop of glue
– Potential receiver cuts for the first take-off

dump_BF_4.0.0.txt

This quadcopter have been courtesy provided by Banggood in order to make a fair and not biased review. I would like to thank them for this attitude.
You can find it actually for 95USD at https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-TRASHCAN-75mm-Crazybee-F4-PRO-OSD-2S-Whoop-FPV-Racing-Drone-Caddx-Eos2-Adjustable-Camera-p-1386071.html

View the full article

• 3 months later...

I recently purchased an Eachine Trashcan but unable to bind it to my Taranis QX7 radio.  The lights are blinking fast on the whoop and the bind button does nothing.  I have tried every bind command I can find and betaflight just says unknown command.  When I type help, there is no bind command listed.  It’s the latest version of BF so maybe I’m doing something wrong.  I hate that I have a brand new quad and have spend hours trying to bind it.  Can someone give me the exact CLI command?  Or better yet, help me understand why my lights flash fast and not the normal slow blink?