Quantcast

Welcome to RC Drone Forum! Use the main menu and search bar to navigate our site. It's always FREE to join our Drone Community and post in our forums, create your own Drone club, share your photos and videos and more. It's easy to get started and you can login with some of these popular social networks.

pre-TEST: Feima J.me, the DJI spark killer ?

INTRODUCTION

Since more than 1 month I received from Feima, the J.me a compact video plateform able to shoot 4K@20fps or 1080p@30 videos during 23min!!!. It’s nothing else than a DJI Spark competitor. Now the official release of the machine is announced here: https://www.banggood.com/Feima-J_ME-Follow-Me-WIFI-FPV-With-UHD-4K-Camera-2-Axis-Gimbal-Obstacle-Avoidance-RC-Quadcopter-p-1161989.html. Please find first informations I collected from my first testings. This article will be updated regulary with new elements.

BOX CONTENT

Actually this is the standard version without the radio control

null

null

+ 1 x Feima J.me
+ 1 x Li-on proprietary 3000mah 4S battery
+ 1 x Charger
+ 4 x Spare props (2 CW, 2 CCW)
+ 1 x Prop installer wrench
+ 1 x USB to USB-C cable
+ 4 x Landing pads
+ 1 x Instruction manual (English)

null

OVERVIEW

Like the dobby, for the standard version we have a pure 2.4G WiFi model controlled by an iOS or Android appz. This setup allows to control and monitor the J.me up to 200m (even 350-400m in open non-urban zones). With the radio control, more than 1km can be achieved.

null

null

null

-FRONT VIEW

null

-SIDE VIEW

null

null

-REAR VIEW

The main powerbutton can be found centrally on the left. To turn on or turn off, you need first to short press then long press more than 3s.

null

-UPPER VIEW

null

null

-BOTTOM VIEW

null

The ultrasonic sensor is installed rear

null

while the small camera for visual positionning front. Often when the machine is below 3m of altitude the visial positionning is prefered versus the GPS one

null

-WEIGHT
null

null

Close to 561g in total … so clearly almost the twice heavier than a DJI spark and close to be three time more than the Zerotech Dobby

null

null

Motor and props

null

null

null

null

null

LiPo

null

Gimbal camera module

null

null

UNBOXING, ANALYSIS, AND DEMO FLIGHT

CONCLUSIONS

The Feima J.me is a very nice machine offereing great videos and super flight time. I really like this machine… but is-it a Spark killer ? no… no until they will upgrade (if possible) the camera to shoot 4K@30, 1080p60 videos (the MTK processor should be able to) and turn on also EIS to fix the left-right jitter (the Spark uses EIS to fix it too).

PROS

+ 23min of flight time
+ Powerfull builtin Snapdragon processor
+ Super stable machine
+ 2-axis mini gimbal
+ Good stabilized obtained videos
+ Easy orbit/POI
+ 720p FPV feedback

CONS

– left-right jitter (only a 3-axis gimbal or adding EIS can remove it)
– No 4K@30fps or 1080p@60
– No EIS option
– Application and firmware still under developpement
– Need 300min of flight time to access to all features
– Not (yet) a DJI spark killer

This quadcopter have been courtesy provided by Banggood in order to make a fair and not biased review. I would like to thank them for this attitude.
You can find it actually for 28USD at http://www.banggood.com/Cheerson-CX-10C-CX10C-Mini-2_4G-4CH-6-Axis-RC-Quadcopter-with-Camera-RTF-p-989909.html

Cet article pre-TEST: Feima J.me, the DJI spark killer ? est apparu en premier sur Drone-Maniac !!!!!!!.

View the full article