Quantcast

Welcome to RC Drone Forum! Use the main menu and search bar to navigate our site. It's always FREE to join our Drone Community and post in our forums, create your own Drone club, share your photos and videos and more. It's easy to get started and you can login with some of these popular social networks.

TEST: Eachine Beecore V2.0 (Brushed F3+OSD FC + 2.4G receiver)

Drone News

INTRODUCTION

The Eachine Beecore V2.0 is long awaited revision of the first brushed F3 flight controller dedicaced mainly for Tinywhoop FPV machines. Now in the menu, a betaflight OSD chip is added !!!! The V2.0 can be found with three choices of 2.4G receiver. one with a FrSky D8 model, one with a FlySky AFHDS-2A and the last with a Spektrum DSM2. With such kind of 3-in-1 FC, we can now enjoy OSD informations for our small winter compagnions. Let’s discover this new product.

BOX CONTENT

null

+ 1 x Eachine Beecore V2
+ 1 x microLOSI/mcPx lead cable
+ 1 x JST ph 2.0 lead cable
+ 1 x JST zh 1.0 lead cable
+ 1 x Dampened o-rings + screws bag

null

The flight controller can be completly isolated from vibrations with such accessories.

OVERVIEW

The new board comes with dimensions to be compatible with most 66-70mm Tinywhoop frames.

null

null

3.2g the board standalone but 0.3g for the lead main connector

null

The upper face welcome most of electronic chips. For example the long one is the OSD module. The central, the MPU-6000 for the 6-axis stabilization while the CC2500 for the FrSKy receiver is on the top left corner.

null

On the top right, the bind button… In fact since the card must be installed diagonally with the arrows in the up direction, it can be a problem to install a AIO camera mount…due to the presence of this bind button.

null

There is a possibility to connect a compact buzzer

null

The bottom side welcomes the main F3 Arm core and four motors connectors

null

So be aware with the motors layout

null

and must match the betaflight one

null

FET are referenced as BV2212…. No information found on them but they are rated to a maximum of 10A… which is a non-sens information…. Are they closer to 1A or to 10A ? ….

UNBOXING, BUILDING, CONFIGURATION AND DEMO FLIGHT

I decided to install the Eachine Beecore V2.0 on a Eachine E11C frame. For the AIO camera, i selected the Turbowing cyclops, a 2-in-1 AIO camera with a 700TVL CMOS sensor working in NTSC format coupled with a 25mW 48CH VTX. This camera weights only 3.3g and allow a direct connexion with a OSD system. Be aware about the AIO connexion, the Vin of the camera must be soldered on the Vin of the Beecore V2.0. Vout to Vout.

I noticed with this type of frame, the microUSB port can be blocked by the battery tray…. you will need probably to cut a part of it to have a free access.

null

The first type I tried to take off the machine, I observed some motor cuts when throttle was above 30%…. I had to retry several time by slow throttle progression in order to manage to take off. Clearly the voltage regulator cuts the circuit has a massive voltage drop…. You will need by consequence a super strong battery with a discharge rate >= 35C. With default PIDS of betaflight, the machine flies beautifull and thanks to the 7mm strong motors of the E011, the machine is strong enough for acro flights. The presence of OSD information is a big plus…. and more for the FrSKy version, RSSI feedback can be also displayed

null

null

null

Betaflight 3.2.3 installation procedure

CONCLUSIONS

I really appreciated this new revision: Light, compact, powerfull enough with a F3 and now the addition of the OSD chip is real plus for our TinyWhoop machines. The only drawback of this setup is the linear Vreg stopping the receiver at take off if the battery is too weak. A 1S LiHv battery is strongly advised with the Beecore V2.0. Can we expect in a V3.0 a version 2S compatible and a 1A Vreg?

PROS

+ Great F3 + OSD
+ Light
+ Betaflight 3.2.0 pre-installed and configured
+ Accept LIhv battery
+ RSSI & Vbat telemetry feedback for the FrSky version
+ RSSI feedback on OSD for the FrSky version

CONS

– Can have receiver brownout at take off with a weak battery
– Not 2S compatible
– Location of the bind button
– Location of the microUSB port

This quadcopter have been courtesy provided by Banggood in order to make a fair and not biased review. I would like to thank them for this attitude.
You can find it actually for 28USD at https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-Beecore-Upgrade-V2_0-Brushed-F3OSD-Flight-Control-Board-For-Inductrix-Tiny-Whoop-E010-E010S-p-1212231.html

Cet article TEST: Eachine Beecore V2.0 (Brushed F3+OSD FC + 2.4G receiver) est apparu en premier sur Drone-Maniac !!!!!!!.

View the full article