Quantcast

Welcome to RC Drone Forum! Use the main menu and search bar to navigate our site. It's always FREE to join our Drone Community and post in our forums, create your own Drone club, share your photos and videos and more. It's easy to get started and you can login with some of these popular social networks.

TEST: Eachine Revenger 55

null

INTRODUCTION

The Eachine Revenger 55 is a compact 55mm 2S brushless FPV racer with a builtin prop guard dedicaced for both indoors and outdoors applications. For the electronic, we can find a TinyFish F3 board, 4-in-1 6A BLheli_S/Dshot 600 ESC board and a 600TVL CMOS camera + 25mW 48CH 5.8G VTX bundle. Four choices of receiver are proposed: i) FrSky D8 w/ RSSI, ii) FrSky D16 w/ RSSI, iii Sprektrum DSM2/DSMX and iv) FlySky AFHDS-2A. Let’s review this new flying machine.

BOX CONTENT

null

+ 1 x Eachine Revenger 55
+ 1 x 2S 400mAh/30C LiPo with JST connector
+ 4 x Spare props (2 CW, 2 CCW)
+ 1 x Screwdriver
+ 1 x M2 allen key
+ 5 x Rubber band
+ 1 x Battery strap
+ 1 x Velcro band
+ 4 x Spare M2 hexscrews
+ 1 x Instruction manual (English)

OVERVIEW

The full list of the electronic element…. maybe we can regret the non-presence of betaflight OSD… AFAIK, last version of the TinyFish is/will including such chip

null

Definitively a super compact machine based on a X- carbon frame sourrounded by a nylon plastic guard. Inside, we can find a “tiny” tower with 3 layers + a fourth one corresponding to the receiver one. In the tower, the FinyFish FC is the third one more on the top while the ESC seems the be the bottom one. The middle one probably a voltage ragulator.

null

More than 2mm for the lower carbon frame !!!! It’s super solid.. No risk to break it

null

It’s another story the prop guard system… Don’t be wrong it’s not a fragile element but won’t resist to a major frontal crash for sure

null

My general feeling about the durability of the machine in hands are more positive than the ones I had from the photos.

-FRONT VIEW
The light blue/cian color is dominant. Four half-circle sections define the prop guard. Between the two front, an horizontal nylon holding the FPV camera moint. It’s possible to ajust the tilt orientation. The lower position of the camera will minimize the prop occlusion in the FPV feedback. It’s a good point.

null

-SIDE VIEW
null

A microUSB port on the left side and just below a buzzer. A very important element.

null

null

The right side welcomes the 25mW 48CH VTX. A single button to cycle between the eight Vfreq Inside the current band (green light) and if long press, you can select one of the six Vbands.

null

null

-REAR VIEW
JST connector

null

-UPPER VIEW
The FrSky D8 receiver which can be bound classically by first press and hold the bind button while powering then run the binding procedure on your compatible radio. Notice the RSSI is sent on the last channel. What a pity than an OSD is not yet implemented in ths tiny tower. Exist also in FrSky D16.

null

null

-BOTTOM VIEW
A small carbon plate where you can attache easily the provided rubber band to hold your battery.

null

With the battery installed

null

-WEIGHT null

Close to 74.6g in total … so limit for indoors applications but still ok.

null

Motors and props

Compact 1102/11500 Kv are installed. After each flight, motors are a little bit warm so I don’t think both motors and 6A ESC will support 3S.

null

Props are the same than the Aurora 68, some 38mm model.

null

null

LiPo

Also exactly the same 2S 400mAh LiPo given with the Aurora 68 bundle. Announced to be 30C as discharge rate. Unfortunatly as we will see in practce, don’t expect much more than 2min30 of flight time… It’s really poor 🙁

null

null

null

null

Camera module

No more an AIO but a combo with thos 600TVL CMOS camera. The FOV is about 120 degrees so not so wide. I really liked the color rendition really vivid and the light sensitivity a little bit better than average; A good element IMHO. You can perfectly ajust the uptillt angle but above 25 degrees, you will start to see the extremity of the prop guard in the video.

null

On unique button. Short press on it to Mirror the video, long press to cycle between NTSC and PAL video modes.

null

null

UNBOXING, ANALYSIS, BINDING, CONFIGURATION AND DEMO FLIGHT

THe machine comes with BF 3.1.0 installed for Omnibus FC… a little bit strange since it’s a TinyFish FC. So which board to select to upgrade BF, it’s still an open question. We need first to find the boot pads on the FC before to attempt any flashing. Dshot 600 is turned on by default and the FrSky D8 is correctly configured out of the box. No specific PIDs or rates have been optimized, there are the default BF 3.1.0 ones.
The FrSky D8 receiver send at least the RSSO via telemetry and I can’t confirm yet that the Vbat is also transmitted (usefull to set a buzzer alarm on your radio)

The throttle stick must be pushed over 45% to take off and we can understand immediatly this machine won’t be a real beast. Punchout are cprrect that’s all, not impressive like they can be for the aurora 100. What else we could expect from 1102 motors with 38 mm props ? Don’t be afraid it’s not castrophic and acro figures can be done without difficulties but with a minimum of altitude. I advise to push rate above 900 deg/s or even 1000 deg/s to flip & rolls relatively fast. The machine with default betaflight settins flies well 🙂 no real bounce backs phenomeneas can be reported. At leasat one major drawback can be noticed: Despite 2.23mm of thickness, the machine drift versus time in angle mode. Softmount mod will be a must to do. No problem in acro. Absoluptly no Jello in the video…. the machine is numble depiste the little inertia you can feel. I crashed many time nothing broke. But aware about the clearance between the prop and the guards, maybe a factor to break a prop in case of contact (after a crash for example). Flight time are poor, around 2min 30… and the buzzer start to ring after 30s. First only after high throttle inputs, then more permanently…. 🙁 Maybe by removing the prop guard, 3-4g can be saved. It won’t boost drastically the machine …. but it can help a but. For indoors flights, since the machine drifts versus time an angle mode…. it can be very painfull….. 🙁 So without softmount mod, the Revenger 55 is more an outdoors flyer.

CONCLUSIONS

A compact 55mm brushless machine relatively durable with a builtin prop guard. For outdoors acro applications, the machine flies well out of the box and I really appriciate the rendition of the FPV camera. Unfortunatly two main drawbacks can be listed for the revenger 55: i) poor flight time (2min30s) and drift in angle mode annoying indoors flights in tiny spaces.

PROS

+ Compact 55mm machine
+ Can be flew indoors
+ Good FPV cam
+ Buzzer
+ F3 TinyFish (w/o OSD 🙁 )
+ BLheli_S/DSHOT 600 ESC
+ RSSI telemetry
+ Jellofree

CONS

– 2min 30s of flying duration
– Drift in angle mode
– Lack a bit of power
– No OSD

Dump_ER55_BF_3_1_0

This quadcopter have been courtesy provided by Banggood in order to make a fair and not biased review. I would like to thank them for this attitude.
You can find it actually for 130USD at https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-Revenger55-Micro-55mm-FPV-Racing-Drone-BNF-with-F3-6A-BLHeli_S-Dshot-600TVL-5_8G-48CH-VTX-p-1158377.html

Cet article TEST: Eachine Revenger 55 est apparu en premier sur Drone-Maniac !!!!!!!.

View the full article