Quantcast

Welcome to RC Drone Forum! Use the main menu and search bar to navigate our site. It's always FREE to join our Drone Community and post in our forums, create your own Drone club, share your photos and videos and more. It's easy to get started and you can login with some of these popular social networks.

TEST: Lantian 90L/XFX90 (93.6g, F3 omnibus w/OSD, 1104/7500Kv, 10A BLheli_S/Dshot600)

null

INTRODUCTION

The Lantian 90L now also known as XFX90 is direct competitor of the Eachine Aurora 100, the ARfun90, i.e. a compact 90mm brushless FPV racer including a F3+OSD FC, strong 1104/7500Kv brushless motors and 10A BLheli_S/Dshot 600 ESC. The FPV rig is based on 520TVL CMOS camera coupled with a 25mW/40CH 5.8G VTX. To be honest, the caracteristics are very close from the two quoted machines and known to be great little FPV machines. Ideal to bypass the 250g limitation emerging in most countries. Let’s discover this bundle. First remark, I probably received a pre-release version. Since the shipping date, the Lantian 90L have been rebranded for XFX90 and some upgrades have been done. So this review can be considered as a lower bound of this value since improvements are now available.

BOX CONTENT

null

+ 1 x Lantian 90L (with a 2S 380mAh LiPo with MicroLOSI connector)
+ 1 x USB charging cable
+ 4 x Spare 1935 props (2 CW, 2 CCW)
+ 1 x Hexscrewdriver
+ 1 x Battery strap

Notice at least for the first batch, no instruction manual … and a simple regular black box with a basic sticker.

OVERVIEW

The machine takes an H design … and both the upper and lower carbon structure got 1.5mm of thickness… the same as for the Aurora 100 BUT, the arms are plain carbon based.. No hole in the middle of arms. IMHO, it should be much more solid. I am not afraid like I was for the Aurora 100 (now some 2mm and 2.5mm lower plate can be found for it)

null

-FRONT VIEW

The machine comes with the triblades DYS 2030 pre-installed. The FPV camera is well protected Inside the frame. Notice the prop guard system is exactly the same as for the KingKong GT90. They remove the front plastic connector to reduce the occlusion in the FOV introduced by the prop guard. A linear antenna has been prefered instead of a cloverleaf antenna. Probably a good choice for the durability versus crash/time.

null

with the battery installed beneath

null

-SIDE VIEW
The left sde welcomes the microUSB port of the F3 omnibus FC. No problem to insert the plug. No need to remove the propguard or a prop. In practice, no extra room to install props larger than 2″.

null

The right side shows the receiver and ESC connexions directly soldered on the FC and ESC board respectively. I advised to secure the soldering job by adding some liquid electrical tape, hot glue.

null

Be sure to well secure the battery’s strap if you don’t want any contact with props mid-air

null

-REAR VIEW

null

The Buzzer is located and well protected on the rear side ….

null

Notice the presence of a microLOSI connector !!! clearly imcompatible with 3S batteries…. But good news, with last batch of the Lantian 90L/XFX90,
they changed the microLOSI connector for a XT30 model… Clearly the perfect choice.

-UPPER VIEW
The access to the VTX is possoble via the frontal hole but … something really strange, I can’t see button to set the Vfreq/VBand of the VTX.

null

-BOTTOM VIEW
null

With the battery installed

null

As you can see, compare to the Aurora 100, the arms look much more solid despite being also 1.5mm

null

Be default the battery strap is not pre-installed … and you will need to remove first the four scews to install it … why they didn’t pre-install it ?

null

null

-WEIGHT
null

Close to 94g with the batter strapped so close to 10g more heavier than the Eachine Aurora 100.

null

Motors and props

1104 bruhsless motors with 7500KV announced so … clearly 3S compatible but the microLOSI connector will limit a lot the 3S juice. Luckely for the XFX90, the replace it for an XT30 able to handle 3S juice without problem.

null

Pre-installed, the triblades DYS 2030 props…known to introduce some jellos in videos.

null

The penta 1935 spare props provided represents a slightly better choice but the best trade off in term of thrust, duration and jello effect is without the racerstar quadriblade 2035

null

LiPo

With the first batch of the Lantian 90L, two 380mAh 2S LiPo are provided with a discharge rate of 30C

null

null

null

null

Notice now the machine is shipped with 450mAh 2S LiPo with XT30 connectors… Definitively a good news for the 3S comptability, the thrust and the flight duration

Camera module

null

The 520TVL CMOS camera AIO module is seated into a 3D printed and uptilted mount. The uptilt angle is about 20 degrees. No posibility to ajust this angle.

null

I was not completly sure but …. unfortunatly I can’t see button to select the Vfreq/Vband for the AIO module 🙁🙁🙁 Amazing !!!! It’s locked at the Vfreq = 5765Mhz = A7 🙁 : (… The camera broadcasts in PAL format.

null

Notice just rear the VTX PCB and front the main 4-in-1 ESC board, a small Vreg to feed the AIO with +5V.

Disassembling

Just remove the four M2 screws to access to the main electronic. The FrSky receiver is just installed… not taped or protected from other electronic elements. The bind button can be triggered externally. No real need to remove the top canopy carbon plate.

null

null

On the right the SBUS connexion for the FrSky D8 receiver and on the right connexions for the buzzer and lights.. Everything is directly soldered.

null

The buzzer board

null

UNBOXING, ANALYSIS, BINDING, CONFIGURATION AND DEMO FLIGHTS

As you can see I was in shock to not see any Vfreq/Vband buttons … probably a broken module. So I am confident in the final release, no problem to select one of the 40CH. The machine came with Betaflight 3.1 without any specific tunnings (please find attached anyway the default dump file settings) … even the receiver was not correctly cnfigured …. Clearly, I am even not sure they test it in real conditions…. 🙁🙁 Anyway, I advise immediatly to upgrade to BF 3.1.7 fixiing some bugs and improving generally the stability especially wuth Dshot600 compatible ESC. After this “bad” first impressions….I applied the same settings as for the Aurora 100

null

First take off … clearly with the prop guard installed and the microLOSI connector, punchouts are absoluptly not impressive as it can be for the Aurora 100 or the ARFun 90…. Don’t be wrong, it’s not bad at all and no problem to jump over trees out of the box. With BF 3.1.7 and applied settings, the machine runs superbly … whaoo so so smooth… we can’t even notice the negative impact of the prop guard in the stability. As expected with the DYS 2030 props… some (little) jellos are introduced. Nothing catastrophic by the way. The flight time with these 380mAh are short, around 2min30… max 3min… It’s not enough and the guilty is the connector. I did some extra test with a 400mAh battery (of the Eachine FB30) and flight time have been boosted about close to 1min (30% more). The light sensitivity os the FPV camera is correct but far to offer the best performances especially in low contrast condition. No miracle with a 1lux cheap module. THe FPV range with the linear antenna is correct Inside a radius of 50m. After many breakups occur. At least any Flip of Death have been reported and it’s great !!!! 🙂 …. What a shape that the FrSky D8 receiver don’t output any RSSI information at least for the OSD part.

CONCLUSIONS

Partial conclusions can be done my version of Lantian 90L. First of all, I do believe my AIO module was not the correct one … and the non-possibility to select the Vfreq/Vband will be obviously solved in the final batch. The introduction of the XT30 connector associated with stronger 450mAh will not only boost punchouts but also flight time. With my microLOSI version, results are already almost acceptable. Anyway, and it’s the more important.the main electronic elements are pretty good. A strong F3 omnibus including an OSD, strong 1104/7500Kv 3S compatible, 10A BLheli_S/Dshot 600 4-in-1 themselve also 3S compatible represent the main pro points of the Lantian 90L.

PROS

+ Great 90mm racer
+ F3 Omnibus w/ OSD
+ 10A BLheli_S/Dshot600 ESC
+ 3S compatible machine
+ Prop guard
+ More durable than the Eachine Aurora 100
+ Spare battery

CONS

MicroLOSI connector (not recommended from 3S LiPo) solved with last batch (XT30 connector and batteries)
– Machine not configured in betaflight (come with default settings)
– 3min of flight time
– No Vfreq/Vband selection button ?????
– No RSSI for the FrSKy D8 receiver
– Battery strap not pre-installed

Dump_BF_3_1

This quadcopter have been courtesy provided by Banggood in order to make a fair and not biased review. I would like to thank them for this attitude.
You can find it actually for 135USD at https://www.banggood.com/LANTIAN-90L-90mm-Brushless-FPV-Racing-Drone-w-F3-5_8G-25mW-Beheli_S-10A-DSHOT-ESC-OSD-Buzzer-2-3S-p-1134570.html

Cet article TEST: Lantian 90L/XFX90 (93.6g, F3 omnibus w/OSD, 1104/7500Kv, 10A BLheli_S/Dshot600) est apparu en premier sur Drone-Maniac !!!!!!!.

View the full article