Quantcast

Welcome to RC Drone Forum! Use the main menu and search bar to navigate our site. It's always FREE to join our Drone Community and post in our forums, create your own Drone club, share your photos and videos and more. It's easy to get started and you can login with some of these popular social networks.

TEST: Eachine DustX58, the lightest brushless FPV racer (36.2g, 0703/2000Kv, 4A BLheli_S/Dshot600, 450mAh/20C, 25mW/48CH/600TVL AIO)

Drone News

null

INTRODUCTION

The Eachine DustX58 (EDX58) is probably the first ultralight weight brushless FPV racer integrating 0703 motors. The EDX58 includes also a super tiny F3 board with a builtin FrSky D8 receiver. Actually no other choice of receiver is proposed. A super lower compact 4-in-1 4A BLheli_S/Dshot600 ESC board is also here. Finally, the FPV rig is based on the classic 25mW 48CH/600 TVL CMOS AIO FPV camera. The total announced weight is about 35g !!! so definitively it can be a TinyWhoop killer on the paper. Let’s check this product.

BOX CONTENT

No specific packaging, a simple regular box with a simple sticker.

null

+ 1 x Eachine DustX58 (with a 1S 450mAh LiPo with microLOSI connector)
+ 1 x USB charging cable
+ 4 x Spare props (2 CW, 2 CCW)

No instruction manual … Eachine was really urged to ship this product.

null

OVERVIEW

The EDX58 is a 58mm brushless machine !!!! even smaller than the Eachine X73S and comparable to a 60mm tinywhoop…. It’s impressive. The secret is the integration of all the electronics into 1.3cm square boards: the lower one for the 4-in-1 4A ESC, and ii) the upper one for the FC+FrSky D8 receiver. From left to right, the X73S, the EDX58 and the KingKong T6.

null

The new 0703 motors look so so small versus 11’s model… It’s impressive.

null

null

Both carbon frames element are 1mm large. 1mm is thin and the structure is relatively flexible but should be relatively crashproof …

null

null

-FRONT VIEW
The tiny central tower is rotated by -45deg.

null

With the battery installed playing the role of the landing skid

null

BE AWARE, TO CONNECT THE MACHINE TO BETAFLIGHT, YOU WILL NEED FIRST TO POWER THE SYSTEM WITH THE BATTERY.
null

All the camera support is 3D printed. I am not afraid for the robusness of this mount but maybe a lighter solution with a real molded plastic would save maybe one extra gram.

-SIDE VIEW
null

No specific protection for the linear antenna but the sting is flexible enough. More they hot glued the hub section.

null

The FrSky bind button can be found in rear-lef side upside down.

null

-REAR VIEW
null

-UPPER VIEW
null

-BOTTOM VIEW
Two rubber bands are attaching the battery. The installation is ok but the battery can slide a bit on the white plastic screws

null

No spare rubber bands are given in the bundle by he way.

-WEIGHT
null

36.2g in total !!!! it’s just amazing

null

In detail the prop guard system scales 2.4g

null

null

Motors and props

To save some weight, ultra light 0703 brushless motors are installed. They weight under 2g each. They are advertized to spin at 20 000Kv !!!! for 1s system it’s ultra fast. In another hand, don’t hope to use them with a 2S LiPo … they will probably burn immediatly (I didn’t test in practice). Maybe some lower KV variant but 2S compatible would have been a better choice ?…

null

Triblades 40mm props with 1mm of hole section

null

The central hub section seems heavy but in practice they are well balanced. I won’t be surprized if hubsan triblades can be easily installed. They are a little bit more lighter

null

LiPo

A 1cell LiPo 450mAh announced to have a discharge rate of 20C…. We could expect a model with a better discharge to boost even more performances.

null

null

null

null

5.8G AIO FPV Camera module

The classic 600TVL CMOS camera/48CH 25mW AIO combo is seattled into a 3D printed camera mount via two latteral tapes.This AIO camera is the same that came in all recent compact FPV racers from Eachine. The Field Of View is not too large, 120 degrees … It’s good news for outdoors applications. The lens sensitivity is around 1 Lux … far to be fantastic in practice.

null

Two buttons can be found. The front is shortly pressed Mirror the image and if pressed more than 3s selects the NTSC or PAL format. The rear one is shortly pressed selects the current Vfreq Inside the current selected Vband and if pressed more than 3S, selects one of the six Vbands (raceband supported)

null

The blue light indicates the current selected band while the green the current Vfreq.

null

The lens is uptilted wih an angle about 10-15 degrees but this value can’t be ajustable.

null

A raw sample of the peformances

As you can see, for shadow zones, light management could be a little bit better… but no miracle with a 1lux sensor. Anyway the FPV link is good… You can cross several walls without problem.

UNBOXING, ANALYSIS, BINDING, CONFIGURATION AND DEMO FLIGHT

As written earlier, to connect the machine to Betaflight, you will need first to plug the battery… Strange, I don’t why the USB port can’t provide enough juice. Maybe no Voltage regulator is installed on the FC ? …. but I don’t think so… To bind the machine, i.e. keep pressed the upside down bind button why connecting the microLOSI connector can be a little bit tricky. Anyway, good news, the RSSI is exported via telemetry and also on the free AUX5 channel… We can dream one day to have the OSD variant of the dustX58 !!!. The machine comes with Betaflight 3.1.5 installed for the Tinyfish F3 board. Dshot600 is not turned on by default… and PIDS settings are the default ones… so clearly not yet optimized for the machine

First take off…. yes this machine is more powerfull than any tinywhoop competitor …:) but .. is it a monster of power ? no …. I am accusing more the battery to limit a bit what the 0703 motors could give. It’s urgent to test this machine with a 45C LiPo model. Don’t be afraid, the machine is compatible with acro style figures. The default PIDs settings are clearly not adapted….. a lot of boucings back can be notice with.
The FPV link is pretty good…. and 3min of flighjt time is obtained in average… be aware, no speficic LVC… you can go easily below 3.3V !!! so fly with a timer to not damage your battery. I crashed the machine many time and no break/damage have been reported … that’s great.

First attempt to optimize PIDs… it’s a little better but it can be improved.

null

With this small update of PIDs settings, the machine become even more stable …. but it’s not yet perfect… the machine is so light … hard job for gyros….. I am not yet 100% satisfied….

null

As mentioned previously the machine is more powerfull than a tinywhoop but maybe need at least a better battery or even maybe to be turned into 2S configuration. The noise emmitted with of course more loud than than tinywhoop system but it’s not a nightmare.. Maybe some other props can also bring some boost.

I will publish here my last settings I will find for the EDX58.

CONCLUSIONS

The Eachine DustX58 rerpesents an amazing concentation of modern technologies with 4A ESC BLheli_S/Dshot 600, 0703/20000 KV motors, F3 board and a builtin FrSKy D8 receiver and becomes probably the lightest chinese brushless FPV racer. Yes this machine is more powerfull than any tinywhoop brushed competitor but also twice more expensive… No real weak point can be noticed, the thin carbon structure is in practice relatively durable and the 3D printed camera mount strong enough for indoors applications. For future mods direction, probably an upgrade for a better battey with higher discharge rate and maybe for better/lighter props if possible.

PROS

+ The lightest chinese brushless FPV racer available!!!!
+ 36.2g brushless FPV racer
+ F3 Tinyfish w/ BF3.1.5
+ 4A BLheli_S/Dshot 600 4-in-1 board
+ Good 25mW/48CH AIO FPV cam
+ FrSky D8 receiver w/ RSSI
+ More powerfull than brushed Tinywhoop machines
+ Not fragile

CONS

– 3 min of flying duration
– Need better PIDs settings
– FrSky D8 receiver only
– Need to connect the battery to access to betaflight
– No spare battery rubber bands

dump_BF_3_1_5

This quadcopter have been courtesy provided by Banggood in order to make a fair and not biased review. I would like to thank them for this attitude.
You can find it actually for 120USD at https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-dustX58-58mm-FPV-Racing-Drone-BNF-Compatible-FRSKY-Receiver-with-F3-4A-Blheli_S-D-Shot-600-5_8G-48CH-VTX-p-1143432.html

Cet article TEST: Eachine DustX58, the lightest brushless FPV racer (36.2g, 0703/2000Kv, 4A BLheli_S/Dshot600, 450mAh/20C, 25mW/48CH/600TVL AIO) est apparu en premier sur Drone-Maniac !!!!!!!.

View the full article