Quantcast

Welcome to RC Drone Forum! Use the main menu and search bar to navigate our site. It's always FREE to join our Drone Community and post in our forums, create your own Drone club, share your photos and videos and more. It's easy to get started and you can login with some of these popular social networks.

TEST: KingKong Tiny6 (27g, 240mAh, 4min, SPF3,25mW 5.8G 16CH, 800TVL CMOS PAL, 0615 motors)

Drone News

null

INTRODUCTION

The valse of 5.8G TinyWhoop FPV clones had opened some months ago with for example the MakerFire micro, the Eachine E010S. A new competitor enters into the dance, i.e. KingKong Tiny6. With this new 65mm model, we have also a powerfull SPF3 flight controller including a buitin 25mW 16CH 5.8G VTX with linear antenna. The standalone FPV camera is a 800TVL CMOS PAL model. Four type of receivers are proposed: Futaba SFHSS, FrSky D8, Spektrum DSM2/X and FlySky AFHDS-2A. Mine is the FlySky version. Let’s discover this bundle … and can we expect longer flight time while being acro compatible ? That’s the question ….

BOX CONTENT

null

null

+ 1 x KingKong Tiny6
+ 1 x Parallel charger (via XT60 batteries or microUSB port)
+ 12 x Spare props (6 CW, 6 CCW)
+ 3 x Spare canopy (orange, white, pink)
+ 4 x transparent rubber bands
+ 4 x O-rings
+ 1 x Prop remover wrench
+ 1 x Instruction manual (English/Chinse)

null

For the Deluxe edition, we chan choose between four different colors : yellow, pink, white and orange…

null

OVERVIEW

A classic 65mm tinywhoop size with the same type of translucid duct system but more robust to impact IMHO. Struts seems much more solid. I am not afraid to break them. No visible/external AIO FPV camera. Everything is well protected insude the top canopy module.
This latter offers a lot of large holes to reduce its weight, and to install more easily vertically antenneas.

null

-FRONT VIEW
As said previously, the FPV camera is well protected by the top bulb canopy structure. From trop, the two 2.4G & 5.8G antenneas can be installed vertically, ideal for obtaining a max range.

null

-SIDE VIEW
For tiny6, most elemets are installed on O_rig dampening rubber elements to absorbe as much as possible transmitted vibrations. By consequence, you will have to remove the two latteral screws to access to internal electronic at least one time to bind your transmitter with the receiver and to set your favorite 5.8G Vfreq.

null

-REAR VIEW
The mean lead connector is a microJST ph (1.25mm) as for the inductric/makerfire models. The gauge of wires seems thin… I hope large enough to handle the 30C/60 LiPo juice.

null

-UPPER VIEW
null

A lot of light are visible from the canopy and the more important, we can guess easily the color’s sequence broadcasted by the builltin VTX indicating the current Vfreq.

null

-BOTTOM VIEW

A unique thin translucid plastic bar plays the role of battery tray. IMHO, the battery is not super well secured with and can slide a bit during flight. A small piece of foam should be added to lock everything safety.

null

All motors are connected to the FC via microJST connector. A good point for maintenance

null

-WEIGHT
Standalone without battery, the Tiny6 reaches 20.5g

null

so more than the advertized weight because here we have the flysky receiver installed adding 1 extra gram. In comparaison the Eachine E010S is only 20g because the receiver is directly integraded in the FC. For the Makerfire, we have 21.8g … so generally the weight of the Tiny6 is good but not the best.

With the battery installed, the total weight is 27g

null

It’s not super light but we have a strong battery.

Motors and props

Coreless motors are jailed into translucid plastic pods and wires jailed with a micro rubber band

null

Motors are 6mmx15mm coreless brushest time. No indication for the exact performances… if they are faster than standard 54000 RPM

null

30mm props but bye bye the classic quadriblade TW model and hello to some triblades variant boosting flight duration versus motor’s lift.

null

LiPo

A 6.4g 1S 250mAh/30C LiPo ending with 1.25mm microJST connector

null

The same type of connector you can find for the Makerfire, and he guenuine Tinywhoop for example.

null

null

null

Camera module

null

A 800TVL CMOS FPV camera emitting in PAL system. The Field Of view is around 150 deg, a good choice for indoors flights

null

The AIO module is directly taped on the top canopy section

null

Notice the VTX offers only “16” channels divided into 4 differents bands. Two buttons can be found on the FC. One is related to the boot rescue option and the second is related to the Vfreq selection according the following color’s table

null

You will have to cycle between the 16ch one by one…. In general, I find this selection system easy.

Disassembling

null

The FC+VTX combo is installed on little rubber O-ring to decrease vibration’s impact transmitter by motors. The back wire is the 2.4G antenna while the naked copper one is the 5.8G antenna associated with the builtin VTX. Notice the FPV camera’s wires are directly soldered on the FC… We could expect a tiny 3positions connector instead.

null

Despite being rotated of 45 degrees, the FC don’t any specific alignement in Betaflight. The MCU is an SPF3 model strong enough to stabilize perfectly the machine and enjoy >= 4Khz PID loop time.. Installed on top, the FlySky AFHDS-2A compatible receiver with the bind button. The receiver is compatible with most recent FlySky radio such as the i6, i6S.(as soon as the AFHDS-2A option is turned on).

null

Two buttons can be found on the main FC. The “boot” one can rescue a bricked FC during a firmware update and the right one selects the Vfreq.

UNBOXING, ANALYSIS, BINDING, CONFIGURATION AND DEMO FLIGHT

The binding with the flysky receiver is direct like for the FrSky module. Keep pressed the receiver while powering the system. I advise to use more a USB port to power the system, it’s more easy than plugging the microJST connector. Firt remark, I regret the current position of the microUSB port located bottom … so when the cable is inserted, it’s hard to perform gyros/Accelero calibration since with the connector inserted you can level the T6 easily. The machine comes with BF 3.0.1 with the default PIDs settings… If you want to increase a bit the PIDs loop time, you can flash last BF version. More you can enjoy the new ‘anti-gravity” feature. So out of the box, the machine flies relatively well but it’s a bit nervous… It’s stable and precize for sure but I observed some little rolls oscillations.. Clearly PIDs can be more optimized.
The FPV camera rendition is pretty good…. Color vivid and the light sensitivity a little bit above the average. No real problem even in low light conditions. Despite with linear antenna, the FPV signal crosses 2-3 walls without problem and can fly all around the house. Good surprize… the flight duration is about 4mins !!!! Ok with the 250mAh, the machine is not mega beasty but is ok to flip and roll in acro.

In the second part of the demo flight, I tuned a little bit PIDs according to

null

Stability in fast mouvements were better but still needed some tuning… little oscillatiosn are still remaining especially in roll axis.. More, I don’t know if it’s linked with the AFHDS-2A DeviationTX implementation but time to time got some glitches in the yaw command….

CONCLUSIONS

Pretty good TW competitor robust to crash, with good flight duration and acro compatible …No real weak point in the design… except maybe 1g could be save of the FC was able also to include directly the receiver section. In anycase, performances are really good …definitively one of the best TinyWhoop competitors with the Eachine E010S.

PROS

+ Quality build
+ Good FPV camera
+ FPV camera protected from crashes
+ Nice packaging for the deluxe edition
+ 4min of flight time
+ SPracing F3 board w/ BF 3.0.1
+ Acro compatible
+ 5 x 250mah/30C batteries
+ 3 x set of props/canopy

CONS

– Minor PIDs ajustement required
– Battery sliding a bit in the battery tray
– Bottom location of the microUSB port hard to make an easy gyros calibration
– Minor glitches in yaw commands for the flysky receiver ?

This quadcopter have been courtesy provided by Banggood in order to make a fair and not biased review. I would like to thank them for this attitude.
You can find it actually for 80USD at http://www.banggood.com/KINGKONG-TINY6-65mm-Micro-FPV-Quacopter-With-615-Brushed-Motors-Baced-on-F3-Brush-Flight-Controller-p-1134635.html

Cet article TEST: KingKong Tiny6 (27g, 240mAh, 4min, SPF3,25mW 5.8G 16CH, 800TVL CMOS PAL, 0615 motors) est apparu en premier sur Drone-Maniac !!!!!!!.

View the full article