Quantcast

Welcome to RC Drone Forum! Use the main menu and search bar to navigate our site. It's always FREE to join our Drone Community and post in our forums, create your own Drone club, share your photos and videos and more. It's easy to get started and you can login with some of these popular social networks.

TEST: Eachine RatingKing F14 FPV (1/14th 4WD buggy, 550 motors, 1000TVL CCD, 40CH 5.8G 25mW )

Drone News

null

INTRODUCTION

The Eachine RatingKing F14 is a 1/14th 4WD buggy brushed machine equiped of a builtin 1000TVL CCD FPV camera and 25mW 5.8G FPV transmitter. More a 720p camera is also included to record HD videos. A 550 brushed motor is here to push the car up to 35km/h. Probably one of the first full FPV RTF model. Let’s discover the bundle.

BOX CONTENT

null

+ 1 x RatingKing F14 car (with a 1500mAh/30C Lipo with T-dean connector)
+ 1 x Radiocontrol
+ 4 x AA Ni-Mh batteries
+ 1 x 250mAh 1S LiPo
+ 2 x Zip-ties
+ 1 x 720p camera
+ 1 x Powerchord microLOSI-3p 1.25mm JST
+ 1 x USB charger with 2S balancer plug
+ 1 x USB charger with microLOSI connector
+ 1 x Stickers sheet
+ 1 x Spare C-clip
+ 1 x Antenna tube
+ 1 x Instruction manual (English)

null

OVERVIEW

The F14 is a 4WD 1/14th buggy. All the structure is nylon plastic based renforced with some fiber. The general thickness of the lower frame is 3mm.

-FRONT VIEW
null

The frontal shock abosorber…. Large enought but no specific spring or flexible part behind to absorve energy of a massive frontal shock. In case of a brutal crash, the mechanical effort will be transmitted more to the bended part of the main lower structure.

null

Shock absorbers are installed via ballhead. Four positions can be selected, the default one is the third. If you need to increase (a bit) the ground clearance, you can play with this position;

null

12mm hydrolic shock absorbers. They are more efficient that ones who came with first WLtoys models for example.

null

-SIDE VIEW
null

3cm of ground clearance

null

metal cups and dogbones are here for rear and front sides.

null

-REAR VIEW
The video transmitter is installed in rear part. A large plastic box with one unique red button on top, a 3-positions DIP switch for the taillight and an antenna mount hole. To select the Vfreq among the 40CH supported, jjust long press the red button. No possibility to directly jump to a current Vband. If your briefly press on the button, you will set the position of the OSD informations. 3 positions are proposed. A fourth option allow to remove completly OSD informations. Displayed informations are the current Vbat , the time elapsed and the current selected Vfreq.

null

A taillight is here. 8 different colors can be set. Ideal for FPV racing will several machines.

null

null

-UPPER VIEW What I really appreciate is the easy access of the main powerswitch as well as the JST connectors for the FPV rig. If you want to drive in LOS conditions onlyy, disconnect the JST connector and voilà.

null

-BOTTOM VIEW
The main lower Nylon plastic announced to be reforced with 30% of fiber. The general thickness is 3mm.

null

Flathead screws are used. I am a little bit afraid for the front part in case of brutal frontal shock.

Tyres

null

null

null

null

null

LiPo

A 1500mAh 2S LiPo with Tdean connector.

null

null

null

null

FPV Camera module

The FPV camera is a CCD 1000TVL model with an excellent light sensitivity. Ideal for night runs. The field if view is not too large; 110 degrees. A good choice IMHO.

null

A tiny switch to select NTSC or PAL format

null

A raw sample of the FPV cam

The sound is also broadcasted. Really this FPV camera outporforms any CMOS camera of AIO bundle.

720p Camera module

The 720p camera offers a Field of View of 120 degrees with 30fps. This is the same camera as for the Eachine Racer 130.

null

The microSD slot and a 3pin position 1.25mm connector. Notice the central pin is the AVout. It means this camera can be used also to broadcast an FPV signal.

null

A unique trigger button for recording. The red rear light will blink when recording and stay solid when it’s not.

null

null

A 250mAh LiPo is given to power during 15min the module.

null

Raw sample

Unfortunatly borders are a little but blur. More some frame are lost during recordings. Even worse, with high vibrations, I noticed recorded files were corrupted. 🙁🙁

Disassembling

Just 4 clips to remove to open the canopy.

null

null

null

The ESC is 45A model well cooled with several heatsinks

null

Good news, the receiver is independant so you can replace it for your favorite model

null

null

The steering servo is a 25g model

null

Ballheads are here

null

The pinion and the spur gear are well protected from dust introduction. Notice the spur gear is the unique one non-métal.

null

Transmitter

A classic controller only for left-hand. No dead zone for the Wheel. Controls are relatively precize.

null

One steering pot and one throttle pot are here for fine-tuning. Two upper button are here also to reverse channel.

null

4 AA Ni-Mh rechargeable batteries are already installed

null

In practice the range is pretty good. No problem to exceed 100m for both the control and FPV rance. That’s great 🙂

UNBOXING, ANALYSIS AND DEMO RUNS

What a fun car !!!! It’s fast, nervous with a good torque. For me it’s faster than former WLtoys L9x9 series for example. I am really impressed by the FPV cam… and the FPV range is great despite being a 25mW model only. Obviously racing outdoors with chaotic ground will introduce a lot vibrations in FPV….. Paradoxally, the best and fun applications are indoors or on smooth asphalt. For the 720p camera,
first of all the light sensitivity is much poorer. probably a CMOS sensor behind. More with high vibrations, for most of my runs, I lost all recording. files were corrupted or even worse, the microSD card completly unreadable.

On smooth asphalt, it’s just super fun !!!! Fast, maneauvrable…. I like. If you have a goggles including speaker, the sound is also transmitted. Immersion feelings will be increased :). Runing time are around 10-12min.

CONCLUSIONS

A lot of positive elements for this car. First of all it’s a fast, nervous and maneouvrable machine well adapted for asphalt, soft surfaces and sand. With these type of surface, the FPV practice is fun helped a lot with the excellent performances for the CCD FPV camera. Most of rotatives elements are in metal and the gearbox and motors are well protected against dust introduction. My main concern is about the 720p camera… with average performances in term of light sentivitiy, bluring a bit corners. More recording can be lost with high vibrations. The price of this bundle is a little but high…. you can almost grab a brushless model for the same price. I guess without this 720p camera, 10USD or more would have been saved.

PROS

+ Fast and nervous car
+ 4WD 1/14th buggy
+ Independant receiver
+ Great CCD FPV camera with OSD informations
+ Good FPV range
+ Diff box with metal gears
+ Metal cup, dogbones, ballheads
+ Easy powerswitch access
+ 4xAA Ni-Mh included

CONS

– 720p recording with non-constant 30fps
– Video files can be corrupted by vibrations
– Nylon spur gear
– A bit expensive (the 720p camera should be ommitted)

This buggy have been courtesy provided by Banggood in order to make a fair and not biased review. I would like to thank them for this attitude.
You can find it actually for 130USD at http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-114-RatingKing-Real-Time-FPV-Buggy-With-Camera-4×4-RTR-p-1131295.html

Cet article TEST: Eachine RatingKing F14 FPV (1/14th 4WD buggy, 550 motors, 1000TVL CCD, 40CH 5.8G 25mW ) est apparu en premier sur Drone-Maniac !!!!!!!.

View the full article