Quantcast

Welcome to RC Drone Forum! Use the main menu and search bar to navigate our site. It's always FREE to join our Drone Community and post in our forums, create your own Drone club, share your photos and videos and more. It's easy to get started and you can login with some of these popular social networks.

TEST: Eachine “BAT” QX105 (73g, 10×20 motors, F3 ARM core, Betaflight OSD, AIO 25mW 48CH)

Drone News

null

INTRODUCTION

In the QX’s serie, the Eachine QX105 represents in theory a major gap by integrating a F3 board with a builtin OSD, some strong 1020 brushed coreless motors and a FrSky D8 compatible receiver with a working telemetry. The FPV rig is still based on a 25mW AIO 600TVL CMOS 48CH FPV camera. For the first time and for a moderate price, we can have a FPV racer with both OSD & telemetry feedback.. A breakthrough in the domain.

BOX CONTENT

null

+ 1 x Eachine “Bat” QX105 (with a 1S 600mAh LiPo with microLOSI connector)
+ 1 x USB charging cable
+ 1 x Parallel charging cable
+ 2 x Velcro bands
+ 2 x 1020 spare motors (1 CW, 1 CCW)
+ 4 x Spare props (2 CW, 2 CCW)
+ 1 x Prop remover wrench
+ 1 x Instruction manual (English)

Funny, I received a probably a pre-release version without the official packaging. It’s Eachine FB90 box presently

null

No instruction manual but the electronic version can be found here: http://img.banggood.com/file/products/20170113040621Eachine%20BAT%20QX105%20User%20manual%20guide.pdf

OVERVIEW

The QX105 is almost full carbon based with a main 1mm lower unibody plate welcoming arms, a front camera support and uppser plate protecting mainly the electronic and the builtin buzzer. The machine is a 100mm model and at firt glance as soon as you carry the machine, you can fell the extra weight linked witn 10mmx20mm coreless motors.

-FRONT VIEW

If the FPV camera is well protected, it’s not the case of the cloverleaf antenna potentially breakabke after a fast forward crash.

null

-SIDE VIEW

On the left side, only motor’s connectors are vidible. The special shape of the motor pod offer an ground clearance of 1.5-2cm.

null

null

The right side welcomes the microUSB port of the AIOF3 flight controller when you can configure betaflight settings or flash a new version. Motors connector are basic 1.15mm 2 pins model. Originally, the 2.4G FrSky receiver antenna is installed on the top right of the FC as well as the bind button. Good news, the receiver is promised to be flashed with a firmware fixing the telemetry feedback.

null

The Carbon structure has 1mm of thickness

null

-REAR VIEW

As the QX95, a rear bar with four programmable LEDs is installed indicating by default left and right turning, stopping and throttle value.

null

-UPPER VIEW

null

Installed in the middle and jailed into the uppser carbon structure, a buzzer is here. By default, the buzzer emits as soon as the LiPo in load is below 3V… In practice, the variace of the voltage Under load is important and it’s not rare the machine starts to emits buzz after 1 or 2 min… A battery with a higher discharge rate should help a lot.

null

-BOTTOM VIEW

The Four main FETs are installed backside. There are referenced as A08K 33, at least supporting some 6A … but are they strong enought for the big 10mmx20mm motors ? It’s an open question

null

When the battery is installed via the velcro bands, the bottom side is much more protected from direct impact but not from water intruision.

null

-WEIGHT

With everything installed: QX105 = Props + LiPo + velcro bands, the machine weights more than 73g !!!! so close to 18g more than a QX90 in the same configuration but with only 8mmx20mm motors ….

null

Motors & Props

One on the main novelty … the 10x20mm coreless motor Dark edition assumed to spin faster

null

null

null

They are installed/jailed into a plastic motor pod relatively rebust

null

66mm props are longer than classic Hubsan model. They are similar to the Parrot spider, known to bring the best thrust.

null

null

LiPo

As for all QX’s models, the same 1S 600mAh LiPo with microLOSI connector. No discharge rate and no voltage protection….

null

null

null

null

AIO FPV Camera module

A wide M7 lens with 120 degrees of FOV, more adapted for outdoors flights.

null

null

The angle orientation can be set via the two latteral screws

null

6 bands are supported for a total of 48 5.8G channels. To select a Vfreq Inside the current band, short press the rear camera button. To cycle between bands, a long-press (> 2s) is requiered

null

The video signal is precize but the light sensitivity is far to perfect … CMOS 1/4″ camera don’t do miracle.

null

At least, all OSD informations are perfectly displayed …. the battery voltage, the RSSI, the horizon line, the time ellapsed

null

If the RSSI is expressed in %, the RSSI sent by telemetry is in dBm scale, so they are not matching.

null

Disassembling

null

The buzzer…. Of course assign a free switch to control it for the lost machine case… You can also localize via the RSSI values sent by telemetry of displayed on the screen 🙂 That’s great 🙂

null

UNBOXING, ANALYSIS, BINDING, CONFIGURATION AND DEMO FLIGHT

The default PIDs are not adapted and lot of instabilities are present. More even close to 0%, the applied throttle is still strong and can be a source of crash. There is a weird behaviour of the throttle stick in practice. As you will see later, it’s probably linked with the relation between FC’s MOSFET and 1020 motors. For the punchout, first tests are disapointing … If you were expecting a monster of power with these 10x20mm, get away…. it’s not the case here. The thrust is comparable to the QX90 …. so less than the QX95… 🙁

In a new attempt, I increased D values as depicted below

null

If the machine become much more stable and flyable in all the three main flight modes, the throttle’s weird problem is still present. Generally, the FPV signal is precize but light transition management is poor … It’s not super easy to fly FPV relax.
Definitively this machine is not super powerful, not catastrophic but to perform flips & rolls, it won’t be super strong.

In any case, at the end of my video, after a small crash, a MOSFET burnt. Amazing …. 🙁 and just after a moderate crash. Clearly it seems that trhottle behaviour and the poor durability of MOSFET with 10x20mm are linked …. IMHO, MOSFET are undersized …. stronger models should be installed on the AIOF3 for 1020 applications

null

CONCLUSIONS

Harg …. a so frustrating situation…. and one more time the devil is in the detail. On paper, this machine was perfect… powerfull processor, fixed FrSky telemetry, builtin betaflight OSD, strong carbon structure, builtin buzzer and programmable LEDs…. But 4 black squares are killing most of the enthousiasm…. First of all, the throttle bahviour is hard to manage (still hovering at 10%), and the MOSFET seems to die relatively fast under stress…. If the QX105 with betaflight flies correctly, it’s not the expected and advertised monster of power…. IMHO, all the electronic should transfered on a QX90C plastic frame with 8mmx20mm motors … Everything would scale around 56-57g….

PROS

+ AIOF3 board with F3 processor
+ FrSky D8 receiver with working telemetry
+ BetaOSD integrated
+ Strong robust structure
+ Buzzer
+ 66mm props
+ Spare battery & motors

CONS

Undersized MOSFET for 1020 motors
– Weird throttle behaviour
– Not superpowerful
– Instable with default settings
– Relatively poor light sensitivity of the AIO FPV camera

This quadcopter have been courtesy provided by Banggood in order to make a fair and not biased review. I would like to thank them for this attitude.
You can find it actually for 79USD at http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-BAT-QX105-wAIOF3_BRUSHED-OSD-600TVL-CAM-1020-Motor-Buzzer-Micro-FPV-Racing-Quadcopter-BNF-p-1116393.html

Cet article TEST: Eachine “BAT” QX105 (73g, 10×20 motors, F3 ARM core, Betaflight OSD, AIO 25mW 48CH) est apparu en premier sur Drone-Maniac !!!!!!!.

View the full article

• 1 month later...

I received this quad yesterday and so far I am really pleased with it. I am coming from a beginner point of view so I haven't got into all of the tuning and I have noticed that it is very twitchy and feels quite powerful compared to the toy quads that I have previously been playing with like the Hubsan H107D.

I am disappointed to here that its lacking but the reason that I got this one opposed to another like the qx95 etc is that I had bought the newer Flysky FS-I6s transmitter and it turns out that it does not support the older AFHDS protocol which is the only option on all of the QX series micro quads. This is the first model that supports AFHDS 2A and so it was the only real choiuce for a pre-built micro.

I am keeping a journal of my experiences with the Eachine QX105 as I lean about it, which might be useful to other beginners.

Thanks for your review - It has showed me a lot about things to consider and options for tweaking the setup. I hope you keep adding to it and write more3 for the upcoming quads.